All course materials are provided. Upon confirmation of registration, the student will receive a free one-year subscription to Investment Executive, Canada's Newspaper for Financial Advisors.
|Day 1||Day 2|
Life of a Trade
- Persons presently outside the industry looking to increase specific financial knowledge or seek entry to the industry
- Operational and administrative staff, particularly settlement, corporate action and custody staff in the financial and/or securities industry
- Investment and financial firms' IT staff
- Investment and financial firms' program and product developers
- Investment and financial firms' customer service representatives
- Employees of regulatory agencies
- Employees of custody agencies
- Industry vendors' employees
The benefit to the student is:
- Gain a better understanding of the key participants in the industry, their role and how they interact with one another.
- Learn who are the regulators and legislators that affect the Canadian, US and European securities industry and what are the key regulations to be aware of.
- Understand the importance of knowing your client 's investment needs and objectives in keeping with regulatory requirements.
- Gain a fundamental understanding of the various instruments available in today's markets.
Instructors: Stan Deudney
BIOGRAPHY for STAN DEUDNEY:
Stan, (CA),through his company Transatron Systems Inc., has been actively involved in providing new innovative technology based business solutions to the investment industry for more than 25 years and has led some quite astonishing initiatives for the Canadian financial community.
In addition to having launched a host of new technology based business enterprises, he has designed, implemented, and provided senior advisory services in the following areas of the financial industry: depository systems, brokerage firms and services, order management systems, electronic trade management systems, FIX networks, Exchange connectivity, Stamp gateways, and translation software between FIX ,15022, and Stamp. One of his most notable contributions to the industry we work in today is the design and creation of the Canadian Depository Services. As if that wasn’t enough, he went on to create the first on-line global trade reporting and settlement notification system called Instant Link.
He is a guru and a visionary, though his quiet and unassuming nature belies a stark intelligence along with a farseeing ability that has made him so intrinsic to the Canadian financial landscape, and has helped to shape it to its present form. Stan has a wonderful sense of humour that students adore and his wealth of experience provides much fodder for story telling of industry peccadilloes.
Stan has worked with major international financial institutions in the US, UK, Canada and the World Bank, (including Reuters, BBH, and Braid UK, etc.), and has served as:
- President and Director, Canadian Depository for Securities (CDS)
- Consultant to the World Bank on the implementation of Clearing and Depository systems for Exchanges in South America
- CEO/CFO and Director, Gardiner Group Stock Brokers
- President and Director, International Securities Clearing Corp.
- Senior Advisor, Global Trade and Settlement Solutions (based on the Instant Link global network Reuters)
In addition, he has been a guest speaker at major international conferences in the United Kingdom and New York on cross border trade and settlement issues. He also speaks domestically on electronic trading systems at FIX and CSTA conferences and on T+0 trade affirmation requirements at ICAC conferences.
He also participated in inter-industry studies conducted by the CCMA on T+0 trade matching and previously in the OSC’s review on Mutual Funds conducted by Glorianne Stromberg.
Over the past ten years his focus has been on the development and implementation of:
- Trade Connectivity to Exchange Trading Systems,
- Integrated OMS/EMS platforms for Institutional clients
- FIX connectivity between Institutional clients and their brokerage counterparts
- The establishment of a Canadian FIX network
- Same day matching solutions to meet Reg 24 101 (T + 0) trade affirmation requirements